Sunday, March 27, 2011

Half way through the semester

Mrs. Cline,

      As we have passed through the half way mark in the semester I have to admit I am pleased with myself and the work I have done. English class has always been a struggle for me, and I am not going to lie, literary analysis has challenged me. With all that I feel I have grasped the idea of literary analysis fairly well. This type of writing makes you really dissect the literature, and look passed just the words to find the true meaning or reason for the author's writings. I felt like I struggled with the concept of a literary analysis at first. On our first essay I kept writing what I thought was more of a review of the reading. I must have had to go back and delete everything I had wrote several times before I got the hang of it.
  
      I have never been a strong reader, but I think with having to do this type of writing, it has really helped improved some of my reading skills. I hope to finish up this class as strong as I have started it and continue to get better at reading and literary analysis. It would really give me a sense of accomplishment, given my past English class struggles, to end the class on a strong note.

No comments:

Post a Comment